A foundation is not only one of the most basic makeup tools but is also one of the most important one. There may be only a handful of women that might not own or use a makeup foundation. However, it is slightly difficult to choose and settle for one makeup foundation that can be compatible with different skin types and complexions. To overcome this issue, most makeup companies have released different ranges of some of the best makeup foundations; these foundations are created specifically to suit a certain skin type or complexion. However, with the plethora of options available in the market, it could be a daunting task to choose the right foundation. Moreover, the search process might involve using different brands that may or may not suit your skin type. To help you make an informed decision, the following sections list some of the best makeup foundations for different categories.
Which are the best makeup foundations for dark complexions?
- Nars Natural Radiant Longwear Foundation: A single application of this foundation is as good as two layers from any other foundation in the market. It has a matte finish and a dewy quality that prevents it from being cakey. There are ten different shades, which is suitable for a dark complexion, that you can choose from.
- bareMinerals barePRO Performance Wear Liquid Foundation: This foundation blends the pigments and lipids on the skin for a color-true coverage. It also lasts for around four to six hours in the day from a single application of the product. It has a fluidic consistency but its still covers most blemishes.
- Bobbi Brown Skin Long-Wear Weightless Foundation: This is the most natural-looking out of all the best makeup foundations. A single layer is ideal for everyday use; for occasions, you can simply add multiple layers. There are 11 shades for you to choose from for this foundation.
Which are the best makeup foundations for fair complexions?
- Oxygenetix Oxygenating Foundation: It is the perfect foundation for covering sunburns, dark spots, as well as ideal for use on sweaty days. It is easy to apply and does not have any reactions on the skin. There are around 14 shades for you to choose from.
- MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation: This foundation from MAC is a popular choice among consumers. It is exceptionally light, which makes it ideal for summers. It is also ideal for pale skinned people as it enhances the freckles while even-toning the skin.
- Shiseido Synchro Skin Lasting Foundation: It is a popular brand that has a strong customer base. This foundation has a texture that attaches a luxury to it; this makes it feel like silk on the skin. You can choose from 12 different shades.
Which are the best makeup foundations for dry skin?
- Max Factor Skin Luminizer Foundation: It is a foundation that does a whole lot of good at a limited price. It is packed with subtle skin luminizers and gives you a healthy as well as luminous glow.
- Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse Foundation: This foundation blends into the skin without much trouble, giving you a seamlessly smooth finish. It has a weightless feel, does not cake, and is equipped with a polymer silicone technology.
- Charlotte Tilbury Magic Foundation: This foundation is packed with nourishing ingredients like Vitamin C, mushroom extract, and hyaluronic filling spheres. It is a complete package that hides wrinkles, fights acne, as well as tightens the pores.
Which are the best makeup foundations for oily skin?
- L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation: It has a long-lasting formula and is budget-friendly at the same time. It packs a matte finish and feels extremely light on the skin even after a two-layer application.
- Stila Perfectly Poreless Putty Perfector: It is an ideal foundation if you are looking for a perfectly light and shine-free finish. It has a unique formula that combines equal parts of pressed powder and cream foundation in one product.
- Lancome Teint Idole Ultra Cushion Foundation: It is one of the few cushion compacts that are compatible with oily skin. It has a basic formula and contains SPF 50. It is ideal as an everyday foundation but is slightly shiny as compared to others.