Android is one of the most favored forms of mobile operating systems around the world. Many brands depend on this operating system for their phones. The only other popular OS is iOS offered by Apple. Android is best compatible with Google phones but works well with most other brands. Following is a list of some of the best and latest Android cell phones.
Which are the latest Android cell phones?
This year has seen the launch of multiple Android cell phones in different categories. Following are the latest Android cell phones of the year.
- Samsung Galaxy S9 Plus: This smartphone packs a marvelous low-light camera, a 6GB RAM, an edge-to-edge screen, and 3500mAh battery. It is one of the best creations by Samsung in the Android phone market, and it comes with the best features of the brand.
- Huawei P20 Pro: Huawei has been one of the leading brands in the affordable Android cell phone category. They have most of the top features at affordable prices for the customers. The Huawei P20 Pro is the best offering by the brand with a 6GB RAM, 128GB storage, and powerful battery life.
- LG G7 ThinQ: This is one of the most premium phones of the brand. It also packs great features for its price. It has an attractive design with an edge-to-edge screen and a sleek finish. The battery life is slightly disappointing, but the solid speaker and camera performance make up for it.
What are the new features of the latest Android cell phones?
- Notch: The notch on the top end of a touchscreen phone to maximize the display is a feature that was introduced by Apple, in their iPhone X. Most of the top android cell phone brands like LG, OnePlus, Huawei, and others have adopted this feature.
- Hidden camera: Most reviewers have suggested that hidden cameras will be the next upgrade among android phones. It has been picked up by a couple of Chinese brands like Oppo and Vivo with their latest Android cell phones.
- Android Pie: The latest Android version is the 9th major update of Android. It has some promising features and will roll out to various phones in this calendar year. Adaptive battery and brightness, app predictions, and slices are some of the many exciting features of Android Pie.
Which are the best android cell phones of 2018?
- OnePlus 6: This phone has a much-improved design as compared to the previous versions. It still holds the dash charge feature, which promises full-day battery life with 30 mins of charge. It tops the ranks with an 8GB RAM, 256GB storage, and a Snapdragon 845 processor.
- Honor 10: The Honor 10 is a slightly cheaper version of the Huawei P20. It also follows a sleek design and checks out on most of the Android features like powerful hardware, a good camera, an FHD+ screen, and all-day battery life.
- HTC U11 Plus: The U11 Plus is an upgraded version of the HTC U11. It features a larger battery, near-bezel-less design, and better screen quality. It runs on Android 8.0 and is most likely to be one of the few phones to get Android 9.0.
Which are the latest Android cell phones under $400?
- Moto Z2 Play: An attractive design, good battery life, and a satisfying camera make this phone a good buy for the price. The camera captures videos in 4K, while the battery has a run time of more than 14 hours in a single charge.
- LG Q6: An affordable phone model by LG, this phone is more or less the mini version of the G6. It has a stunning bezel-less display and an interactive interface. It is one of the few phones in this category to have a face recognition unlock.
- Honor 7X: If you thought Huawei was inexpensive, Honor is their sub-brand which is even more budget-friendly. Honor 7X has excellent features for its price. It has a large screen, durable battery, and a good, strong and fluid performance.