Today, hybrid cloud security solutions have grown to be immensely popular and a preferred choice in the IT sector. Suitable to organizations of every size, the solution is being widely adopted by several business sectors. Hybrid cloud security solutions are designed to work with a combination of private platforms and public cloud. The orchestration of the different collocations allows for the smoother running of applications and brings in better security. Thus, administrators are not engulfed by the constant fear of security threats.
The functions of every organization and the environment that it prevails in are extremely different. Hybrid cloud solutions too come with their own set of security threats that are inevitable. However, hybrid cloud security solution providers ensure that the security breaches are maintained to a minimum while taking every essential step to curtail the same. A hybrid solution must be reliable and requires several mitigations that work in unison to protect the interest of the organization. Below are the four pivotal factors relating to hybrid cloud security solutions.
What are the benefits of employing hybrid cloud security for a business?
The adoption of cloud security solution for business is associated with benefits that include the following.
- An increased opportunity for innovation as the solution brings the availability of resources that combine both, internal and external environments.
- There is an increased speed in the process of testing and launching new products with hybrid cloud solutions.
- The solution eliminates issues of connectivity and reduces latency due to distance.
What are the security threats associated with hybrid cloud solutions?
An improved security is one of the major reasons why organizations are considering a switch to hybrid cloud solutions. However, it does come with its own set of threats that include the following.
- There may be a lack of encryption and the network transmission makes data more vulnerable to eavesdropping attacks.
- An adequate compliance may not be maintained with the hybrid model as the data is moved from one platform to another.
- The managers may fail to employ identity management and authorization procedures, thereby leading to privacy invasion.
- Unprotected API endpoints can lead to leakage of data with manipulation of important information.
Which security factors should one be aware of when choosing a hybrid cloud solution provider?
- Security is imperative, and every organization must ensure that privileged security is received with the hybrid cloud solution.
- To mitigate any risk related to security on hybrid cloud, it important service provider allows for access control, enforces MFA and audits activity regularly. The solution must come with the right combination of security features to meet the needs of the modern enterprise.
- The hybrid cloud solution must establish a uniform identity infrastructure to meet the security on the on-premise platform and cloud.
What are the factors to keep note of when developing a security strategy for a hybrid cloud solution?
As an organization moves to hybrid cloud infrastructure, it is essential to work on security solutions that ensure smooth functioning.
- All the compliance laws pertaining to the data and the industry of the organization must be clearly understood.
- The infrastructure policy including firewall rules and IPS signatures must be configured with. A cross-cloud policy management must be sought as this will centralize the burden if an organization uses multi-cloud platforms.
- An essential part of the security strategy, the data must be encrypted. This is especially necessary when dealing with numerous tenants at the same time.
The hybrid cloud security solution is scalable, cost-effective, and maintains data security. The well-equipped infrastructure accommodates the peak requirements extremely well. However, it is imperative to understand whether it right for one’s business workload and requirements. Dynamic organizations are found to reap the benefits of the hybrid cloud solutions but they must ensure that tight security is in place. The hybrid cloud security solution must be able to keep in line with the growth and long-term objectives of the company.
Tags – hybrid cloud security solutions, hybrid cloud security solution, hybrid cloud security solutions business