4 effective tips to rekindle your inner diva in your 60s
If you have a keen sense of fashion, you wouldn’t have missed this fact that the yesteryear trends often make a comeback; be it the ruffled dresses or polka dots, the latest trends in the fashion realm are inspired by the trends of the good old days. Audrey Hepburn’s iconic black dress or Marilyn Monroe’s flowy white dress are still considered iconic and replicated till date. So, it is a misconception that the previous generation wasn’t so adept when it came to fashion; women who are now in their 50s or 60s, despite possessing keen knowledge of the fashion trends, often deter from trying out new trends, and seek comfort in the cardigans and pants which aren’t flattering at all.
The modern-day fashion trends are all-encompassing in the sense that they cater to women of all ages. If you are over 60, you wouldn’t have to confine yourself to the mundane colors and boring trends that are a norm these days. There are a plethora of websites that cater to older women who are still interested in looking their best and wish to keep in touch with their inner diva. It is imperative that before you set out to find your signature style, you keep an open mind, and stop thinking that a certain type of dress isn’t suitable for your age; you can definitely style it differently to suit your taste.
If you are keen on breaking away from the unremarkable clothes every woman over 60 actually dreads, and are keen on experimenting, read on to know how to get about this task.
Can one pair a denim jacket with a dress?
- The best part of owning a denim jacket is that it never goes out of style; surely, as a youngster, you would have had a denim jacket that you tried to pair up with everything. Well, you can get that denim jacket out of the closet and pair it with any sundress of your choice.
- Sundresses and denim jackets make for an admirable outfit for a day out. Sundresses are worn by women over 50s and 60s, and it compliments them. Pairing a denim jacket makes the outfit more comfortable and gives it an edge, which will surely awaken the fashionista in you.
Is the Little Black Dress the right outfit for an older woman?
- Older women often shy away from wearing black as they believe that it gives a very unhealthy pallor to their skin. However, black is a safe color, and it gives you a leaner and slimmer appearance.
- The little black dress (LBD) which is the quintessential party dress for everyone, right from teenagers to adults, can also be transformed to the right outfit for an older woman. However, the little black dress should not be quite “little” if it’s being worn by an older woman; the lesser the skin show, the more poised you’ll look.
- Also, opting for a black dress with sheer long sleeves would give the dress a striking appearance. Pair such a black dress with metallic, strappy heels, and you are ready for an evening date.
Can an older woman carry off-shoulder dresses effortlessly?
- Off-shoulder dresses are in vogue currently, but this doesn’t imply that it is meant only for the younger lot. Off-shoulder dresses can be worn by anyone irrespective of their age, as it combines attractiveness and elegance in one go.
- Off-shoulder dresses can be worn casually or in the form of a special occasion dress by women over 60s. It can be a full-length gown or a knee-length one, and if you find an embellished one, you are in for a treat. Moreover, ensure that it does define your waistline in the process of making you appear beautiful.
Are sheer dresses meant for women over 60s?
- Sheer dresses are sexy and elegant at the same time, and the good news is that it can be worn by older women as well. The trick in getting the outfit right is to ensure that the sheer laces are rightly placed, so you wouldn’t end up being conscious.
- Hip-hugging silhouettes and sheer and lace paneling dresses are what majority of special occasion dresses for women over 60 consists of. Also, wearing the right type of shapewear under such dresses is necessary if you wish to get the evening wear right. If you feel sheer dresses aren’t for older women, check out Helen Mirren’s red carpet outfits; it will surely change your mind.
Tags- special occasion dresses for women over 60, sundresses women over 60, dresses for older women, dresses for women over 50, dresses women over